The situation with COVID-19 and global quarantine pushed many businesses to remote interaction among team members, as well as with partners and clients. Such a drastic change without thorough preparation can negatively impact business performance, which is especially true for companies with a lot of employees and departments.
Herewith, specialized tools like Mattermost can significantly improve remote cooperation and hasten the process of establishing a familiar workflow. It is an open-source collaboration service and messaging platform that is simple in deployment, integration, and usage. Herewith, despite its quick installation (several minutes) and simple intuitive design, it offers enterprise-grade security, availability, and scalability. Also, this platform powers collaboration at every stage of the DevOps lifecycle due to numerous third-party integrations, which help teams work faster and more effectively.
Let us show you how simple it is to get your own Mattermost collaboration server hosted on top of Cloudjiffy PaaS.
But first, Why use it on CloudJiffy?
- Easy to manage
- One-Click Installation
- Charges based purely on consumption (Pay As You Consume pricing) Thus helps you save cost
- Real-time scaling with an increase in users
- Data replication and backup solution to keep your data safe.
- Highly secure infrastructure
- Inbuilt CDN to cater to a worldwide audience
Mattermost Automatic Deployment
The installation is fully automated. You just need to select the Mattermost Chat Service package via the Cloudjiffy Marketplace for the platform to perform all the necessary deployment steps for you.
1. Login to CloudJiffy.
Go to https://app.cloudjiffy.com/
Login using your credentials.
2. Go to the Marketplace tab on the top of the interface.
- Find the Mattermost Chat Service package in the Dev & Admin Tools section or via the Search field and click the Install button.
4. The platform will automatically perform all the required actions to create the environment and deploy Mattermost in a few minutes.
In the post-installation window, you’ll see the link to your Mattermost application and a list of additional documentation for further management of your online chat system.
- The environment itself consists of the Mattermost Docker image as an application server and PostgreSQL database node.
Click the Open in Browser button in the dialog or next to your environment on the dashboard.
- Now, you can start using Mattermost and benefit from open-source team collaboration in the cloud. Now, you need to invite your colleagues to start collaborating on your project. Feel free to create separate channels for each department or specific task so that multiple conversations can partake simultaneously and for involved people only. Also, do not hesitate to try various integrations to enhance your work.
- Next, you need to create a team and configure/customize Mattermost up to your specific needs via the System Console:
7.1. System Console – manage license (e.g. start a trial of the enterprise edition), configure email notifications, localizations, etc.
7.2. Create a team – provide a team name and a short URL
You can learn more about configuring Mattermost via the official documentation.
- That’s all! You can start using your private and secure Mattermost collaboration service.
Now, you need to invite your colleagues to start collaborating on your project. Feel free to create separate channels for each department or specific task so that multiple conversations can partake simultaneously and for involved people only. Also, do not hesitate to try various integrations to enhance your work.
Make the transition to the remote workflow more smoothly with Mattermost messaging platform automatically installed and hosted at Cloudjiffy PaaS service providers.
Don’t have a CloudJiffy account? Visit https://cloudjiffy.com and click on Free Signup for a free 14 days trial.