MinIO is a high performance, distributed object storage system. It is software-defined, runs on industry-standard hardware, and is 100% open source under the Apache V2 license.
MinIO is different in that it was designed from its inception to be the standard in private cloud object storage. Because MinIO is purpose-built to serve only objects, a single-layer architecture achieves all of the necessary functionality without compromise. The result is a cloud-native object server that is simultaneously performant, scalable, and lightweight.
Features of Minio are:
- Erasure Coding
- Bitrot Protection
- Identity Management
- Continuous Replication
- Global Federation
- Multi-Cloud Gateway
Why use it on CloudJiffy?
- Easy to manage
- One-Click Installation
- Charges based purely on consumption (Pay As You Consume pricing) Thus helps you save cost
- Real-time scaling with an increase in users
- Data replication and backup solution to keep your data safe.
- Highly secure infrastructure
- Inbuilt CDN to cater to a worldwide audience
How to install Minio on CloudJiffy?
Step 1 Login to CloudJiffy.
Go to https://app.cloudjiffy.com/
Login using your credentials.
Step 2: Go to the Marketplace tab on the top of the interface.
- A new window displaying the Apps will open, and search for Minio and install it.
- You can change the no. of Nodes, Environment name, Display name, and also the region as per your requirement click the Install button to start the application installation in the CloudJiffy environment.
- Once the installation has been completed you will see a screen like below which confirms the successful installation of Minio and it also has the links to the environment.
All the necessary credentials will be sent to your email after the environment is created please keep those in handy.
Now your server is up and running.
Click on the environment name link to access the server’s default page.
Don’t have a CloudJiffy account? Visit https://cloudjiffy.com and click on Free Signup for free 14 days trial.